Making it In Music
Established in 1997, Music SA is a not-for- profit organisation committed to promoting, supporting and developing SA music.
Music SA runs accredited music business courses and training, a comprehensive SA music industry website, music workshops in schools, an advisory service for SA artists and practitioners, industry development activities including events and seminars, VET programs, as well as providing performance opportunities for emerging artists. The music industry is an exciting and challenging field with many areas of specialization. The Music SA training program focuses on areas of music business, performance and sound technology to help you get a head start on your career in the business of music.
Each course features prominent guest lecturers, including lawyers, publicists, venue operators, event and band managers – people who make their living from the music business – who are happy to share their skills and experiences to make your learning easier. Past Music SA Students are now working in areas as diverse as promotions, booking, artist management, music media and publicity as well as performing as self-managed artists.
All Music SA Certificate courses are VET and SACE accredited.
Music SA is a Registered Training Organisation Number 40381, providing Vocational Education Training for the Music Industry CUA Training Package.
Music SA is committed to providing you with education, training and development opportunities in the music industry.
Learning Center Design
The Music SA Learning Centre, is designed with emerging Music Industry entrepreneurs and innovators, in mind. Our courses use a project based, accelerated music business incubator model. During 2016, our participants were well on their way to building and spreading better music business practices. Our learning centers are designed with our participants in mind. We emphasize flexible, peer, collaborative & social learning. Our participants experience the vital connection to the ever changing Music Sector.
We believe the purpose of the education process and experience at Music SA, is to prepare our participants for their Music Industry vocation, and help them understand where this fits, into their process of life long learning.
- Deliver best practice, project based, Music Industry Skills & VET Courses.
- Enable participants to gain qualifications.
- Create an environment that accelerates learning and boosts performance of participants, becoming Music Industry Professionals.
- Formulate activities, assessments and projects, within each course so participants gain relevant – Music Industry skills & experience.
- Develop an environment of discovering what participants love to do, which leads to enthusiasm for their work, and takes care of their successes.
- Develop a strong sense of “community” amongst the participants, building the social capital needed to sustain the local industry in the longer term.
- Create pathways & industry networks into further education and employment.