- Posted by MusicSA Courses
- On November 21, 2017
- 0 Comments
- A Day Of Clarity, AIR Awards, Amy Jennifer, Beer and BBQ Fest, BIGSOUND, Blenheim Festival, Certificate II, Certificate III, Certificate IV, Donnarumma, Fresh FM, Futuresounds, Groovin the Moo, Kelly Menhennett, Louis Donnarumma, MarmaJade Jam, MONKEYHOUSE, Oh Yes Festival, Porchland, Radio Adelaide, Reclink Community Cup, Root Down, Royal Croquet Club, Scouted, Semaphore Music Festival, Sights, Silver Raven Festival, Songspace, Sounds and Soirées, South Australian Music Awards, Summer Festival, Summer Salt, Taylor Pfeiffer, The Garden of Unearthly Delights, The New Yorks, The Sanctuary, Umbrella Winter City Sounds
(Clockwise from left – Certificate IV in Music Industry student and singer/songwriter Louis Donnarumma with Head of Training Matthew Hayward, Certificate III (Songwriting and Performance) students with singer/songwriter Kelly Menhennett and Certificate III (Introduction to Event Management) students at work in The Chamber at St. Paul’s Creative Centre)
Music SA would like to offer a hearty congratulations to this year’s Certificate students who have graduated from their respective courses! 2017 has been a huge year – with many exciting challenges and opportunities that have culminated in some incredible young artists and music industry professionals to watch out for in the future.
Students were involved with a number of projects this year, including Umbrella Winter City Sounds Festival (where Certificate III Event Management students organised the Sights, Sounds and Soirees event) as well as volunteering at Groovin’ The Moo and the South Australian Music Awards. The Certificate II (Pop Performance) and III students also organised and gave their final performances at the MarmaJade Jam at The Jade to a receptive audience of family and friends.
Music SA General Manager Lisa Bishop welcomes the audience to MarmaJade Jam
Congratulations to our award recipients on the evening who were:
- Tiana Hall (Certificate II – Encouragement Award)
- Jess Hattam (Certificate III – Commitment Award)
- Lucas Campbell (Certificate III – Participation Award)
- Amy Abrahamson (Certificate III – Performance Award)
Some of our Songwriting students performed live to air, with Certificate III student Taylor Pfeiffer performing on ABC 891 and Amy Jennifer performing on Radio Adelaide and interstate, with tours undertaken by Donnarumma and The New Yorks.
Certificate II and III students visited the Radio Adelaide and Fresh FM studios in Cinema Place, discussed Adelaide Fringe venue preparation with on site staff at the Garden of Unearthly Delights and Royal Croquet Club on Turkey Flat as well as visiting multiple live music venues around the CBD. Songwriting students were also able to demo their original compositions and hone their craft in St. Paul’s brand new SongSpace songwriting rooms.
Certificate IV students volunteered their time and received valuable hands on experience at the City of West Torrens Summer Festival, Blenheim Festival, Silver Raven Festival, A Day Of Clarity, Futuresounds Festival, Monkeyhouse Festival, The Sanctuary Festival, Scouted (as a part of Umbrella Winter City Sounds), AIR (Australian Independent Record Labels Association) Awards, Adelaide Reclink Community Cup, Adelaide Beer and BBQ Fest, Semaphore Music Festival, Oh Yes Festival, Root Down, the South Australian Music Awards, Summer Salt Festival and Porchland, as well as working on individual performances throughout the year.
Certificate III Intro to Music Event Management students with Laneway Festival’s Alice Fraser
Students also had the opportunity to hear from guest speakers, who gave their valuable insights into the local, national and international music industry. A huge thank you to the following who contributed:
- Becc Bates and Karin Marsh (Music Development Office, Arts SA)
- Matt Swayne (APRA/AMCOS)
- Courtney Duka (Yewth Magazine/Fat Controller)
- Sian Walden (Little Acorn Management)
- Kevin van der Zwaag (WOMADelaide)
- Alice Fraser (Laneway Festival, Lunatic Entertainment)
- Delia Obst
- Tom Gordon (Horror My Friend, West Thebarton, 5/4 Entertainment)
- Leigh McGrane (Against The Grain Publicity)
- Luke Penman (Radio Adelaide)
- Nic O’Connor (Heaps Good Friends, Northern Sound System)
- Stephen Pitkin (God God Dammit Dammit, Melt Frank)
- Patrick Lang (Futuresounds Records)
- Matt & Laura Horvath (Stolen Youth, Clarity Records, A Day Of Clarity)
- Robert Pippan (Australian Rock Services)
- Victor Oria
- Caroline Tucker (DJ, Fresh FM)
- Nev de Boar
- Kelly Menhennett
- 3SIDEZ & MaddFace
- Tristan Newsome
- Andrew Gaylor (AJS Sound)
Also a big congratulations to Louis Donnarumma who was nominated in his band Donnarumma for Best Blues and Roots Act at the South Australian Music Awards (just missing out to Wanderers).
Certificate IV student Tamlyn Neck ventured to BIGSOUND Music Conference in Brisbane this year to learn and meet with music industry professionals (you can read more about her experiences here).
And finally a huge thank you to our Trainers this year for their hard work and perseverance.
Thank you to our Head of Training Matthew Hayward, Training Coordinator Dale Taylor, Sharni Honor, Robert Taylor (Term 1 Certificate IV) and Emma Coyle (Term 2 Certificate IV).
Are you interested in joining us in 2018? Enrolments for our Certificate III in Music Industry (Songwriting & Performing Original Music / Introduction to Music Event Management) and Certificate IV in Music Industry (Music Business) courses are now open… drop us a line today by clicking below!